Hi, friends, and happy Friday! On Monday, I had my 25th birthday, so it was an eventful week to say the least. I started to reflect on what I’ve learned over the years and began to compile my thoughts (in true PLL fashion) into a list that I wanted to share with y’all; some of them being general life lessons, some of them being my favorite quotes and bible verses. So here are my 25 things I’ve learned in 25 years…
25 Things I’ve Learned in 25 Years
- Never define your self-worth based on someone else’s perception of you.
- Be kind always, in all ways.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Be confident in your abilities.
- Surround yourself with a tribe of people who recognize and appreciate your value.
- Don’t settle for just being tolerated.
- Better yet, don’t settle in general.
- Don’t over plan the future; you’ll only set yourself up for disappointment. Enjoy the ride of life and where it takes you.
- It’s ok to stop being friends with people who add no value or who bring you down. Don’t feel guilty about that.
- Be authentically you—life is too short to pretend to be someone other than yourself.
- If it costs you your peace of mind, it’s too expensive.
- It’s ok to show emotion—whether that be happiness, hurt, fear, etc.
- You can’t always have it together 24/7.
- Give yourself grace for your mistakes.
- It’s ok to fail sometimes—you can’t win everything.
- Walk the straight and narrow.
- This is a phrase that my grandfather used to say, and it’s one of the best rules to live your life by.
- But don’t be afraid of new paths (i.e., new city, new job, new friends, etc.)
- Be thankful and give thanks to the Lord for all you have been given.
- Find something you’re passionate about and give it all you’ve got.
- “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities” –Professor Dumbledor via J.K. Rowling (Chamber of Secrets)
- “But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” –Professor Dumbledor via J.K. Rowling (Prisoner of Askaban)
- “To every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.” –Sir Isaac Newton (Newton’s Third Law).
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” –unknown
- The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still. Exodus 14:14
- Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23
Have a great weekend, friends! Did any of these things resonate with you? I’d love to hear below in the comments!