Hi friends, I know many of you are wondering how you can help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. I’ve gathered a list of credible sources where you can contribute and donate to those in Houston (Please note that these are not affiliate links. They will take you directly to the charity.)
I felt in my heart that the best thing I could do (besides donating myself) was to use my platform to help those in need. So friends, if you are able, please consider donating to those in need. There is nothing more fulfilling in life than being able to help someone in need. Please continue to pray for those affected and for the brave volunteers risking their lives to help.
HOW TO HELP:
- Text HARVEY to 90999 to donate $10 to The American Red Cross. ($10 will be added to your phone bill)
- Kendra Scott will be donating 50% of all online proceeds from today to The American Red Cross
- Magnolia (Chip and Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper) will be donating 100% of proceeds from this shirt to hurricane relief efforts. (Now until the end of September)
- Volunteer virtually here
- Donate to the Greater Houston Community Foundation administered by Mayor Slyvester Turner here
- Donate to the Houston Food Bank here
- Donate to the Food Bank of Corpus Christi here
- Carter Blood Care covers hospitals in north, central and east Texas. To donate, call 877-571-1000 or text DONATE4LIFE to 444-999.
- Donate to the Houston Humane Society here
- Donate to the San Antonio Human Society here
- The Texas Diaper Bank in San Antonio is asking for diapers and wipes, which can be dropped off in person or mailed to 5415 Bandera Road, Suite 504, San Antonio, Tex., 78238.
- Donate on GoFundMe here
- Houston Texans’ JJ Watt has set up a relief fund here with a goal of 1 million dollars to be raised
- Donate to GlobalGiving here. GlobalGiving supports local organizations by helping with “immediate needs for food, fuel, clean water, hygiene products and shelter.”