Fitness Friday – Current Workout Split
Happy Friday, friends! It’s a dreary, rainy day here in Atlanta, but it’s Friday nonetheless! Last night I got to meet the ever talented and so sweet Emily Ley for her ‘A Simplified Life’ Book Tour (if you haven’t gotten your copy, you can snag one here)! It was such a fun night, and I’m still in total shock that I actually got to meet her!
Is it just me or do new workout clothes just give you that extra little motivation you need to get back to the gym?! I got my cute (and super comfy) outfit from Mac’s family for Christmas, and I just love it so much! I’ve basically been living in this sweatshirt (it’s made out of the softest material I’ve ever felt)!
Sometimes you’ve got to make a few adjustments to your fitness schedule!
For today’s post, I wanted to give y’all my updated workout split as it has changed a little bit! I used to go to the gym on Saturdays with Mac, but I’ve since cut back for two reasons. The first reason I stopped going on Saturdays, is because I love getting out and running all of my errands before the rest of Atlanta wakes up and gets moving. This just seems to make the weekend a little bit more relaxing. The second reason is that I used to push workouts from during the week and just say, “Oh I’ll make up for it on Saturday,” and then my entire schedule would be messed up. Now, I make sure to hit all of my workouts during the week to focus on R&R on the weekends! I also cut back from doing legs twice a week to just once a week now. I think I was over training and over working my body a little too much doing that. Alright, let’s get into the workout now!
Monday- Legs (4 drop sets of 8-12)
- Leg press
- Back squats—squat rack
- Booty Blasters (click through fit tips for demonstration—mobile only)
- Dumbbell stiff leg dead lifts
- Hip Thrusts
- Leg extension
Tuesday – Push (4 drop sets of 8-12) + 25 mins cardio (elliptical)
- Bench press (dumbbells, not bar)
- Skull crushers super set (demo here)
- I use the same ez curl bar shown in the demo video; however, I keep my feet on the ground. Just be sure to keep your lower back pressed into the bench (hint: activate your abs).
- Shoulder press (dumbbells, not bar)
- Assisted dips
- Lateral raises
- Front Raises (there’s a demo for this on my highlighted Instagram stories as well)
Wednesday – Pull (4 drop sets of 8-12) + 25 mins cardio (elliptical)
- Lat pull downs
- Assisted Pull ups
- Seated rows (weighted row machine, not cardio row machine)
- High rows
- Bent over dumbbell rows
- Bicep preacher curls
Thursday – Barry’s Bootcamp Abs Double floor
- I’m no longer doing the cardio at Barry’s as it’s too much on my body. The progressions are too intense and fast for a non-runner in my opinion. I pulled something in my calf last time, and decided that this decision would be the most beneficial for my health. I do, however, love their ab exercises and feel like I get a great workout in my doubling up on them.
Friday – Strength and Conditioning + Cardio
- Probably my favorite day of all, swimming day! I’ve always loved swimming, and I love that it’s a total body workout as well as cardio. I start off with a 400m IM to warm up. I then do 200m of each stroke (free, back, breast, and butterfly) and finish off with treading water for 10 minutes.
That’s it for my workout, friends! I encourage you to try out some of these and tweak these workouts to best fit you! Remember, a workout is always customizable!!