This post has been compensated by RINGLY. All opinions are mine alone.
This post may also contain some affiliate links meaning if you click one and purchase something, I may be compensated. This is in order to keep the content of this website free and accessible.
Happy Friday, sweet friends! I am so glad that you’re here today, and I am so thankful for you! If you’re an avid PLL reader, then I’m sure you noticed the lack of post last Friday. I try really hard to get a new post out each Friday, but sometimes I fall short. To put it simply, life got hard. Recently, the blog has gotten a lot more demanding (which I am SO thankful for; it just gets hard to balance it all, ya know?), my day job has gotten more demanding, and just as I’m trying to stay afloat, a sinus infection popped up and took me out completely.
The first day I was out sick I told myself that this wasn’t an excuse to be lazy, and that I would clean our entire apartment and then get tons of blogging done. Through the coughing and the sniffles I scrubbed, mopped, organized, and vacuumed everything in sight. I think I made it until about one that afternoon before my body went into total shut down mode. By the time Mac got home from work, I was a zombie and would be completely out of commission for the next few days.
So, that’s where I want to start today: when life gets tough and how to get through it. I’m one of those girls who signs up for everything, rarely says no to an opportunity, and ultimately tries to do it all (just ask Mac or my mom—they’ll vouch). While most of the time this seems like a great trait to have, recently it’s been my downfall. I put too much on my plate and it all came crashing down on me. Deadlines were barely being met, laundry and dishes were piling up, and I flat out felt exhausted and overwhelmed.
I consider myself to be the luckiest girl in the world to have the support system that I have. My sweet, sweet Mac always helps me when I need him, and most importantly, when I don’t even realize that I need help. He does so much and most of the time it’s without even being asked. I know it’s cliché but he’s my person, and I couldn’t do it without him. My mom has the heart of a saint and will drop everything just to listen to me rant over the phone. I could go on and on about the many people in my tribe (looking at you, too, Annie and Katheryn!), but we’d be here for days. Simply put, I am so, so undeservingly blessed!
Whew, that got deep real quick! Sometimes all it takes is a few days off and some R&R to get yourself back on track, though. So without further ado, here are a few of my favorite ways to relax and unwind.
6 Ways to De-Stress
- Pour yourself a glass of wine. Sometimes all it takes is a good glass of cab sav to calm my nerves. Plus it’s a good way to get in a serving of fruit 😉
- Treat yourself to a mani/pedi. There’s nothing better than a little bit of pampering! Try to pick a place with a spa-like feeling and try to avoid the popular, loud salons.
- Read a fiction book. Reading fiction allows your mind to go to a completely different place. This is my favorite way to de-stress!
- Exercise. I think Elle Woods can explain this a little better than I can, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t kill their husbands. They just don’t.”
- Listen to a chill playlist. It’s crazy how music can completely change your mood and mellow you out. My go-to is always John Mayer and Norah Jones.
- Take a bubble bath. Take a few minutes for yourself and soak in a warm bath. Pro-tip: enjoy your glass of wine during your bath while streaming Netflix!
The RINGLY Go Smart Bracelet
I have always loved the idea of smart technology that can track your steps; however, I could never find a product that worked for me. That is until I was introduced to the RINGLY Go Smart Bracelet. This stylish piece fits seamlessly into my wardrobe while tracking my daily steps. It’s the only jewelry that can go from gym straight to happy hour! My favorite feature, though, is the guided meditation. Every day it alerts me to stop and take 5 minutes to meditate, which is perfect for my busy lifestyle! It connects wirelessly to your smart phone for easy daily tracking. What more could you ask for? Head on over to RINGLY to check out all their amazing products; you won’t be disappointed!