My Must Have Hair Care Products
Hi pretty friends and happy Monday! Let’s get this week started off with a round up of my tried and true favorite hair products. Some of these are more recent finds, while some of these are day 1 OG’s. I’m no hair expert (trust me, Drybar is my home away from home when I have shoots & events), but there are a few products that help me to style and keep my locks manageable and healthy (as well as my Godsend of a hairstylist, Conor).
- L’Oréal Hair Mask. This is a more recent addition to my routine, but I try to do this once a week. I can really tell a difference in the luster and healthiness of my hair after I use this. Plus, it aids in the longevity of my ends in between cuts. Contrary to the label, I let this sit on for about 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes. I’ve also started rinsing out my conditioner and mask with cold water. It’s excruciating (ok, that was dramatic), but it does help so much in closing off the cuticle and sealing my ends.
- TRESemmé Heat Protectant Spray. I don’t style my hair all that often, but when I do I make sure to spray this all over to protect my hair from the high temperatures of my tools. To me, it works just as well as the pricey equivalents.
- Drybar Southern Belle Mousse. If I haven’t mentioned it before, I have baby fine hair (unlike literally my entire family) and it does NOT like to hold a style, much less volume. This mousse, however, helps a ton and gives me plenty of volume! (The bigger the hair, the closer to heaven, right!?)
- Hairbow. Who doesn’t love a good hair accessory? I love how sweet and subtle this one is. Plus it’s totally on trend. Velvet + bows…yes please!
- Blowdryer. This is one of those OG hair essentials I was talking about. This blowdryer has been with me since my senior year of high school (quiiiite a few years ago now) and it’s still working as well as ever. It dries my hair so quickly and doesn’t leave it frizzy!
- Hot Rollers. I was hot rolling my hair this morning, and Mac said, “Uh, babe, isn’t that a little old school?” Yes, yes it is, but I haven’t found another method that gives me the volume and pretty loose curls that hot rollers do. These are the extra large rollers for loose curls. Plus, I love throwing my hair up in rollers and doing my make up while they sit. I’m all for a time saver!
- Shampoo + Conditioner. These are both for color treated hair, but it leaves my hair so light and weightless, which really helps achieve a little more volume! Highly recommend these if you color your hair!
- Brush. I’m honestly not sure how long I’ve had this brush (elementary? middle school?), but it’s been with me for a while! For my long hair, I’ve found that a paddle brush is perfect! I do use a round brush, though, when I’m blowdrying to get some volume.
- Hair Spray. This is the only hair spray I’ve found that holds a style, but isn’t crunchy. It’s a great flexible hold spray! Plus, I use hair spray ALL the time to get stains out of clothes (ahem, makeup, you’re welcome)!
- Dry Shampoo. Mac will vouch for this one, it’s amazing and actually works! He’s always so surprised how it transforms my hair to looking like freshly washed. If you’re a busy lady like me, this is a MUST! Bonus, dry shampoo is great for adding volume.
Do you use any of these products? Have a product I need to know about? I’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!