Hi friends! I’m so excited to share this Spicy Basil Lemonade Cocktail recipe with y’all today! If I say so myself, it is the perfect cocktail for the summer and to celebrate the Fourth of July! This Lemonade is so delicious and refreshing; it has the perfect hint of spice and basil. I think y’all are going to love it!
Mac has promised me that we can have our own Harry Potter movie marathon, and I can’t wait to get home!! I think I’m one of the select few who has to work today, but as soon as I get home tonight, I’ll be relaxing with a glass of this delicious lemonade! So, if you’re off today, too, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and mix up a pitcher of my spicy and herby version of a classic favorite! It’s five o’clock somewhere right?!
Remember last week when I promised you that we’d be using that Jalapeño Infused Vodka soon? Well, here it is! Let’s get mixing!
Spicy Basil Lemonade Cocktail
For the basil simple syrup
- 15-20 basil leaves
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
For the Lemonade
- Juice of ~24 lemons or 4 cups lemon juice
- 2 cups Jalapeño Infused Vodka
How to Make It
- Combine the sugar, water, and basil leaves in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Continue boiling, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve, cover, and chill in the refrigerator.
- Combine the vodka, lemon juice, and basil simple syrup in a pitcher and stir well.
- Serve immediately and garnish with a lemon twist and a basil leaf.
Want to make it a skinny cocktail? Sub 2 teaspoons stevia for 2 cups sugar.
Want it a little spicy but not too much? Try Mac’s recipe (and my personal favorite): Use 1 cup Jalapeño Infused Vodka and 1 cup regular vodka.
Not a fan of spicy? No problem, sub out the spicy vodka for 2 cups of regular vodka.
Need a non-alcoholic recipe? Sub the vodka for 2 cups water.