Calling all spicy cocktail lovers: I’ve created a jalapeño infused vodka that is sure to spice up any drink you add it to!
When I was younger, you couldn’t pay me to eat spicy food. I wouldn’t go anywhere near it and absolutely hated it! This deep-rooted hatred, I’m assuming, stemmed from my five older cousins who would relentlessly pick on me and drown my food in tobasco when I wasn’t looking. I promise they’re a lot sweeter now J These days, however, I can’t get enough spicy food and I’ve even transitioned into spicy cocktails.
I should mention that this post is a precursor to a new cocktail coming to the blog next week! When I was looking for a spicy vodka, I couldn’t quite find exactly what I was looking for. I hate to admit it, but I can be quite the vodka snob. There are many things in life you can cut costs on; vodka is not one of them. It seemed that everything I found was basically a vodka-infused jalapeño syrup. Gross, no thanks! Then I thought, why not make it myself? So, I give you, jalapeno infused vodka! This is a super easy recipe and is easily versatile (I’ll definitely be making a jalapeno infused tequila in the future for spicy margs!). The best part about this spicy vodka is there’s no added sugar or crazy ingredients, literally just vodka and jalapenos! Easy peasy, my friends!
The Ingredients List
- 1-2 jalapenos (sliced). I used 2 because I want my vodka to be extra hot!
- 2 cups vodka (Tito’s is my favorite)
How to List
- Pour 2 cups of your vodka into a carafe or mason jar with a lid
- Slice the jalapenos (don’t get rid of the seeds) and add them to the vodka
- Seal the carafe or jar and store in a cool, dark place for a week
- Strain the vodka into a new carafe or jar and enjoy!